LAST UPDATED: JUNE 7, 2020
PHASE 1 REOPENING STATEMENT
- Sunday worship resumes June 14 at 9:00 AM.
- Mid-week summer worship begins June 18 at 6:30 PM.
- Social distancing and other safety measures will be observed.
The following is an excerpt from our full "Phase 1 Reopening Statement".
We thank you for your continued patience as the leadership team of our congregation reviewed several options on how to reopen the church following the COVID-19 “Safer at Home” order. So, how do we move forward? Let's look at God's Word for how we can successfully manage reopening together.
Ephesians 4:2-3 says, “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” We may not all agree on exactly how to reopen, but we can all agree the unity we have in Christ is surpassingly greater than what could possibly divide us.
Beginning Sunday, June 14th, worship services will resume in the following manner:
- The service will follow our traditional format: liturgy, hymns, sermon, etc. and will last approximately one hour.
- Per the recommendation of the Lincoln County Health Department, we will reopen to 25% capacity, or 50 people, with social distancing and other safety measures in place.
- We will use a reservation system to track and record attendance.
- Summer mid-week services will resume Thursday, June 18th.
Always remember that it is by Christ’s saving grace and love that we have been brought into His family of believers and it is as a family that we will endure and overcome these uncertain times.
Click here to read the full statement from the Board of Elders.
Pastor Behm has also shared his thoughts on our reopening; you can read them here.
MEN'S BIBLE STUDY
The Men's Bible Study series continues our look at the Minor Prophets on Saturday, July 11 and August 8, at 9:00am. The study is available in-person or online. Please plan to do a little preparation work in advance. Here's how:
1. Get a copy of the Bible study:
- Click here for study guide.
- Pick one up from church by the narthex mailboxes.
2. Scan the Bible study and be prepared to read the Bible references.
There are three different ways to join the live study:
1) Join the study in person in the church fellowship hall (basement).
2) Join online with Google Meet.
Online giving is now available! You can now support Christ Lutheran with online gifts and offerings via credit/debit card or through your savings or checking account. For more information, or to give your offering online, please visit www.christmerrill.com/giving.
ALTERNATE WORSHIP FORMATS
- Pastor Behm will post a sermonette each Sunday to the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- From 10:30 am to 11:30 am each Sunday, people may drive up to the church to drop off their offerings and to pick up paper copies of the sermonette, Adult Bible Study guide and The Messenger. Offerings may also be mailed to the church.
- Continuing throughout June, Pastor Behm's sermonette's will be broadcast at 8:00 AM on 96.3FM and 730AM. The messages will also stream on bluejay963.com, Alexa and Tunein (for mobile streaming).