LAST UPDATED: JULY 31, 2020
Statement on Wisconsin Emergency Order #1: Mask Mandate
In response to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, Governor Tony Evers yesterday issued Emergency Order #1 requiring face masks for all individuals meeting in an enclosed space that is not an individual, private residence.
Under this definition, beginning Saturday, August 1, face masks will be required at Christ Lutheran for anyone inside the building for worship, meetings or activities. Children ages 2-5 years old are also encouraged to wear a mask when social distancing is not possible. If you are planning on worshiping with us this Sunday and in the coming weeks, please plan ahead and bring a mask with you for yourself and each member of your family. If you do not have a mask, disposable masks will be provided to you as you enter the building.
As in all matters pertaining to government, we will seek to honor God and those authorities he has placed over us by following the 4th Commandment and complying with this order.
PHASE 2 REOPENING STATEMENT
- Thursday evening and Sunday worship will continue on our normal schedule.
- Social distancing and other coronavirus best practice safety measures are recommended for all members.
- Per the direction of the voters, there will no longer be a limit on the number of attendees for worship.
Dear members of Christ,
Thank you for your continued patience.
Some changes have taken place since the voters' meeting that occurred on Sunday, July 12th, 2020. Out of an abundance of love for our members, the Board of Elders is proceeding in a manner that we pray best cares for the members. The vast majority of worship aspects will remain the same as prior weeks with the key difference being no limit on capacity in the worship sanctuary or fellowship hall.
To God be all the glory,
The Board of Elders
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God". - Colossians 3:16
AS WE WORSHIP... encouragements
- If you or a family member are feeling sick, please stay home.
AS WE WORSHIP... etiquette
- Kindly respect new social normals by keeping six (6) feet between you and others outside your circle (social distancing).
- Ushers will direct the flow of people before and after the worship service.
- Communion distribution will continue to use the "flow" method.
AS WE WORSHIP... caring aspects
Reducing touched surfaces:
- Doors will be propped open when possible.
- Hymnals will be handed out before worship and returned when the service ends.
- Offerings will be self-deposited near the back of the church.
- Kindly sanitize or wash your hands.
- Ushers will wear a face covering.
- Pastor will wear a face covering when social distancing is difficult.
- Facility cleaning will occur before and after worship services.
A printable version of the "Phase 2 Reopening Statement" is available here.
If you missed them, Pastor Behm's thoughts on our reopening are still available; you can read them here.
Online giving is now available! You can now support Christ Lutheran with online gifts and offerings via credit/debit card or through your savings or checking account. For more information, or to give your offering online, please visit www.christmerrill.com/giving.
ALTERNATE WORSHIP FORMATS
- Pastor Behm will post a sermonette each Sunday to the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- Continuing throughout the summer, Pastor Behm's sermonette's will be broadcast at 8:00 AM on 96.3FM and 730AM. The messages will also stream on bluejay963.com, Alexa and Tunein (for mobile streaming).