LAST UPDATED: MAY 23, 2020
LIMITED PUBLIC WORSHIP RESUMES MAY 31, 2020
On Sunday, May 31, 2020, we will be resuming public worship in a small group format of eight people, with two groups of eight worshiping at a time. We will use two worship spaces: the sanctuary and the basement.
The format of the worship service will be:
- God's Word
- Lord's Prayer
Services will be held between 9:00 am and 11:00 am. We estimate that the duration of each service will be less than 15 minutes. This allows us to have a service every 20 minutes with time in between for moving groups in and out of the building.
Services are estimated to start at 9:00, 9:20, 9:40, 10:00, 10:20 and 10:40.
We will be following the previously announced guidelines for worship and small group activities as outlined in our "Statement on Reopening".
Here’s what you need to know when you come to church on May 31st:
- Follow the direction of the ushers. Ushers will be providing direction in order to maintain group compliance and keep an orderly schedule.
- Parishioners should expect to be met by an usher as you drive up to the building and he will provide further instruction at that time.
- You may be asked to stay in your vehicles until directed to come in by the usher stationed in the parking lot. You may also be asked to move to a waiting area before entering one of the worship areas.
- If you are directed downstairs, you will still have Pastor conducting the service, although it will be streamed from the sanctuary on the large screen TV.
- Communion will be offered. With two (2) groups being served communion simultaneously, the Pastor will serve communion in the sanctuary and an Elder will serve communion downstairs. Only the individual cup will be offered.
STATEMENT ON REOPENING
The following is an excerpt from our full statement on reopening.
The recent Wisconsin Supreme Court decision to overrule Governor Evers’ COVID-19 “Safer at Home” order has left many questions for businesses and organizations, including houses of worship, in our community who want to reopen and resume “normal” operation. The Church Council has been meeting regularly over the last two months and monitoring this situation closely as we are as eager as many of our members to return to our fellowship and family of believers. Please know that we are concerned with our members’ spiritual health and want to see us return to public worship as soon as possible.
When we eventually do return to worship, members will be asked to observe the following general guidelines while on church grounds or at a church activity:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice physical distancing: stay at least 6 feet away from others, when possible.
Wear cloth face coverings in public settings where it is difficult to physically distance
yourself 6 feet from others.
- Maintain small groups: a maximum of 9 people is the largest group size for any room.
(Room size must allow for physical distancing of 6 feet).
- Practice good hand hygiene: wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds. If soap
and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60%
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and mouth when in public.
More specific instructions for worship services, including dates and times, seating
arrangements and communion practices, will be made available as soon as possible.
Click here to read the full statement.
SERMONS ON THE RADIO
Beginning Sunday, May 3, and continuing throughout the month, Pastor Behm's sermonette's will be broadcast at 8:00 AM on 96.3FM and 730AM. The messages will also stream on bluejay963.com, Alexa and Tunein (for mobile streaming).
MEN'S BIBLE STUDY RESUMES
Our Men's Bible Study series resumes online Saturday, May 9 at 9:00 am and will continue our study of the Minor Prophets with the book of Nahum. Please plan to do a little preparation work in advance. Here's how:
1. Get a copy of the Bible study:
- Click here for study guide.
- Pick one up from church during Sunday drive-through time (11-1).
- Call/text 715-921-5132 to be mailed or emailed a copy.
2. Read the book of Nahum (it is only 47 verses).
3. Scan the Bible study and be prepared to read the Bible references.
4. Read 2 Kings 18 & 19.
Looking ahead to the summer, our schedule is as follows:
- June 13: Habakkuk
- July 11: Zephaniah
- August 8: Haggai
There are two different ways to join the live study:
1) Call 1-408-418-9388 and enter the meeting number 622 095 837 and password 6367.
2) Go to https://globalpage-prod.webex.com/join. Enter the meeting number 622 095 837 and meeting password "Mens" (case sensitive) to join the class.
Online giving is now available! You can now support Christ Lutheran with online gifts and offerings via credit/debit card or through your savings or checking account. For more information, or to give your offering online, please visit www.christmerrill.com/giving.
- Pastor Behm will post a sermonette each Sunday to the church’s YouTube channel and Facebook page.
- From 11:00 am to 1:00 pm each Sunday, people may drive up to the church to drop off their offerings and to pick up paper copies of the sermonette, Adult Bible Study guide and The Messenger. Offerings may also be mailed to the church.
- Plans for Interim Adult Bible Class, Teen Class and Sunday School can be found below and in the The Messenger.
As an added Bible study benefit, five minute devotions from a son of our congregation, Pastor Jake Schram, who currently serves Salem Lutheran Church (WELS) in Stillwater, Minnesota will be shared online.
Please go to the Salem Lutheran website or join our private Facebook page to access the devotions.
ADULT BIBLE CLASS, TEEN BIBLE CLASS, SUNDAY SCHOOL:
As of Sunday, May 17, these classes have concluded their schedules for the 2019-2020 calendar year. Please watch for additional Bible study oppotunities as they become available.